FC Augsburg Logo FC Augsburg

FC Augsburg win in friendly at Austria Lustenau

First Team 12.10.2019, 17:47
FC Augsburg played in a friendly against Austrian side SC Austria Lustenau on Friday evening. Martin Schmidt’s side won comfortably 4-0. Augsburg were without eight international players for their trip to the Planet-Pure-Stadium. Howeever, returning to the pitch for the first time this season was Jeffrey Gouweleuuw, who made his comeback after a long layoff with adductor problems. Both sets of fans were in full voice right from the start in front of the beautiful view of the alps, due to the friendship between the clubs. The Fuggerstädter began this game incredibly well, scoring in just the second minute. Iago took a great free kick from then right into the middle where Felix Uduokhai was waiting to nod home. As the game unfolded, Augsburg continued to dominate proceedings against the side who currently sit third in the Austrian second division. In the 18th minute, Noah Sarenren Bazee had a great chanc to score but narrowly missed the target. Just a few minutes later though, Julian Scheber did much better with his chance as he came on to the ball around eleven yards out after great play between Andre Hahn and Georg Teigl to make it 2-0 to the visitors. Fabian Giefer, who was in goal for Augsburg during the first half, didn’t have much to do as the away side took a well-deserved 2-0 lead in to the break. It was a similar story after the change of ends too as Augsburg kept full control of the game and had relatively little to do against a toothless home side. The first big chance of the second half fell to Augsburg as Julian Schieber hit the bar (52’). The Augsburg keeper was called into action for the first time in the game in the 59th minute as a square pass found an unmarked Tuccar Ceyhun in the box but substitute Andreas Luthe made a simple stop. FCA seal the game in the last 15 FCA continued to create plenty going forward, causing Lustenberg plenty of problems. Philipp Max shot from distance was saved by the keeper before a cross from substitute Mads Pedersen found Max who couldn’t miss to make it 3-0 (78’). Noah Sarenren Bazee also managed to get his name on the scoresheet, lobbing the keeper on 82 minutes. The 23-year-old’s goal effectively ended the tie. Head coach Martin Schmidt gave a chance to three youth team players today as Adrien Koudelka (72’), Lukas Petkov (82’) and Yannick Oberleitner (85’) all made appearances for the first team in the final stages. After the game, it was all aabout the friendship between the two sides as they joined in the “Glashütte” to celebrate a little longer in to the night. Both sets of players swapped their match-worn-jerseys after the game as a show of appreciation.